Empathy: Loveable Quote #10

Empathy: Loveable Quote #10

Empathy: Loveable Quote #10

Empathy is the perfect tool for Conflict Resolution

Can we talk?

I want to talk to you about Empathy, but first let’s define what Empathy is.  Empathy is the ability to understand or share someone else’s feelings.

So, now that you know exactly what empathy means are you able to empathize with others?  Before you answer yes, I want you to really think about

Great!  Now, answer this next question.

Do you empathize with others only when it affects you or can you also show empathy when the situation effects someone else?  I’ll wait……

In the heat of conflict tempers flare and everyone is trying to get their point across.  No one is listening and actually paying attention to the other persons feelings.  It’s easier to overlook unfair treatment when it doesn’t affect us.  It’s even easier to look away when we have benefited from this unfair treatment.

If we take time to listen, understand, and Empathize many conflicts can be resolved.  When you can put yourself in the other person’s shoes you are able to see the other side of the argument.  You are also able to understand the reason for the other person’s behavior.

With this new knowledge, many times you will find that the conflict between you is nothing more than a misunderstanding.  Misunderstandings, unfortunately,  are the cause of most Conflicts.   But, when practiced, Empathy is the perfect tool for conflict resolution.

Empathy is the perfect tool for conflict resolution.”
Practice it, in all areas of life.  It’s important in relationships both personal and professional.  It’s also important to  personal growth and leadership.

So remember, misunderstandings happen in our relationships, but Empathy is the answer to Conflict.  So, the next time you find yourself in a disagreement with someone, remember to Empathize.

For more Loveable quotes check this quote out on Endurance.

Toni

I am a wife, mom, blogger and true believer in creating your own recipe to making life sweet!

33 thoughts on “Empathy: Loveable Quote #10

1. Angela Ricardo Bethea

I know how differentiate empathy and sympathy but sometimes I can’t seem to find the right words to express because of the situation. I simply try to be there at the time of need. I totally love this sweet and loving quote.

Thanks Angela…..

2. Karlyn Cruz

I totally love the quote, I’m good at empathy. Glad that you shared this amazing article! Will spread it too.

1. Toni

Thanks Karlyn, and thanks for sharing.

3. Michelle VA

I am in love with this quote. It is hard to show empathy, but I always try hard to show it.

1. Toni

Thanks Michelle, It’s great that you put forth the effort. The outcome is always when we do.

4. Michelle Waller

My husband is not good with Empathy, and it has caused a few problems in our relationship. He is workign on it so hopefully things get better.

Hi Michelle,
      Sometimes the examples we had as kids are what we use in conflict and it can be hard to practice something different. What I have learned is that I can’t change someone else’s actions, they have to figure it out for themselves. But, I can change my reaction. When you change the formula of your actions during conflict, the end result changes too. When my husband and I first started our relationship we also had communication problems.
      But, we worked on it and now we are happily married. So, the fact that your husband is working on it shows that he loves you dearly. Sometimes learned behaviors are hard to break, but with a lot of work they can be broken. And remember, a counselor can help by being a mediator and offering advice on communication techniques. Here is a technique that may help …..http://sugarwitht.com/2017/02/06/communication-techniques/
      Sending prayers for you and your husband,
      Toni

5. annalisanuttall

Great post and truthfully I’m not great with empathy either. xx

1. Toni

We all struggle with it from time to time. It can be hard to practice when in the thick of things. But, the end result is worth it when we do.

6. Marissa Zurfluh

Everything boils down to listening to each other and caring about others emotions. No one person is better than someone else. We are all equal in this life and its how you wish to portray yourself that differentiates us.

1. Toni

Well said Marissa, you are absolutely right.

7. RonRon

Amazing article this is. Thanks for this one, I need a read like this at this moment of my life!

1. Toni

Thanks Ron, I glad this helped.

8. chei

What an amazing post! I am an empathy person, i always do understand someone’s feeling especially if i know what he/she going thru.

1. Toni

That’s great Cheri! If we all did this our lives would improve drastically.

9. Donna Ashworth

What a feel-good read! Empathy is a great word and often misunderstood! Thanks for sharing this today x

10. Elisha Fernandez

I agree. It’s so easy to judge someone when we don’t know their whole story. I always do my best to understand and love others.

1. Toni

Yes, Elisha. Love and understanding is key.

11. Shirley

I love the post. Nowadays every relation is hard to maintain. As you have said misunderstandings are the cause of most Conflicts. I have learned something good today, Empathy i will practice it. Thanks for sharing.

1. Toni

Hi Shirley, I agree with you, relationships can be hard to maintain. Especially nowadays with all of the things we have on our plate. With so many responsibilities, sometimes it feels like dealing with extra stuff, so it can be easy to just wave somebody off. But, when we make the effort to maintain those relationships the payoff is all worth it.

12. Sarah Bailey

It is like putting yourself in somebody’s place. Understanding the situation and asking yourself “What if this same exact thing happens to me?” Be kind to everyone, “Don’t judge someone just because they sin differently than you.”

1. Toni

That’s right Sarah, great way to practice empathy. Put yourself in their shoes!

13. Amber

This is a wonderful quote. I always try to have empathy. Some instances are easier than others.

1. Toni

Yes Amber, sometimes it is very hard, especially when you feel like you have been wronged, but it can lead to understanding and resolve.

14. momknowsbest15

Empathy does help with conflicts. Thanks for the reminder!

1. Toni

Yes, It is the key to conflict resolution.

15. usathroughoureyes

Great post Toni. We love it, empathy not sympathy. When we empathize we are able to resolve sooooo much more. We see it right here in our own relationship.

1. Toni

Thanks you, My husband and I are constantly working on this.

1. usathroughoureyes

Its a team effort. We do the same.

16. robin masshole mommy

I am not good with empathy or sympathy. I try, but it’s one of those things that doesn’t come naturally.

1. Toni

Yes, I agree that it is very hard practice, especially when you’re upset. But, being mindful of it a first step.